Welcome to my world, where the glass is always half full and spirits are high. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff- it's just a minor thing. Bad news comes, don't you worry even when it lands good news will work its way to all them plans. Even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of how things turn out.
Saturday, December 29, 2012
October- Christmas 2012 & Here's to 2013!
Since the last post, Ninny and Papa have been doing very well. Ninny celebrated her 78th birthday in October by having her 2nd knee surgery the day after. She was in the hospital for the weekend, then in the nursing home rehab program for 3 weeks, and then we went to the hospital twice a week for a month after that to finish her rehab. This past month up until we left for the holidays ninny and papa have been receiving at home therapy check up care. And in total, Ninny has lost 40 lbs! Last week we left Alabama and traveled down to Louisiana where most of our family lives. Christmas was so much fun and the hustle and bustle has not stopped, which I love. At the moment there are 14 people in the house. When we did Christmas, there were 25 people here! I love being here with my family that I rarely get to see. In a couple months Ninny and Papa will be moving down here to live permanently, and I will be back here to visit again. Hopefully we can make a tradition of coming here to New Orleans every Christmas.
Also since the last post, I have continued Ballroom Dancing. After the Dancing With Our Stars Fundraiser, I contacted the Ballroom Dancing teachers at Wallace State Community College. They were also in the fundraiser. I asked to participate in the class and they ended up hiring me on! I helped teach during the October session, and started teaching my own session on November 6th. The next session starts January 15th, 2013! I have really enjoyed getting back to teaching Ballroom Dancing. My students love my class and say I am a very good teacher. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity, and I hope that it brings my students closer together as couples. <3
Since I have been hired at the Community College, I have met so many more wonderful people! It's a great feeling to be working at a college, too ;) I quit my membership at the gym because I get perks of being a teacher and can workout for free at the college! The best part? I'm going to start teaching an Aerial Silk Dancing class! It'll be a lot of stretching, yoga poses, exercises, and learning the basics to fabric acrobatics. It'll be at the gym, too, so we can really get our workouts in! I'm very excited about getting this part of my career started! This is another reason why I love living in Cullman! The small town is a great place to get my feet on the ground!
After we get back into town, I'm going to start modeling and making sign language videos! I'm looking forward to taking photo shoots with my silks, too. I've started running again, which is helping to get me back in shape. My next goal is to start competing in Ballroom Dancing! I am so happy to be alive! I love my life!! I never expected to have the opportunities, experiences and networking possibilities that I have had since I moved to Cullman. God has really guided me where He knows I want to go in life and given me all the people I need to get there. Thank you to all my family, friends, and connections that have helped me get to where I am today. I am looking forward to accomplishing ALL of my dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment