Welcome to my world, where the glass is always half full and spirits are high. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff- it's just a minor thing. Bad news comes, don't you worry even when it lands good news will work its way to all them plans. Even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of how things turn out.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Aerial Silk Class
Tonight I taught my first Aerial Silk Dancing class! It was an awesome and humbling experience. I've designed the class to incorporate running, pilates, yoga and basic stretching. Then after we've done all that, we get on the silks. So far I have 4 students and they loved the class :) I'm so happy they enjoyed it and can feel they're getting a workout. That's what I was going for ;) Tomorrow morning I'm going to be interviewed by TV 27 about the silks class! And next week the Cullman Times wants to write an article about it too! I'm excited all this is happening so quickly!
Ballroom is going well this session, too. I have a whole new group in my beginner's class and I'm learning a lot more about how to talk to people and demonstrate patterns. This is why I love teaching. I'm learning while I'm teaching. And I love watching the couples dance together. This is why I teach ballroom dancing. I believe dancing can help keep couples together. Plus it brings back a spark in a relationship that might have been misplaced because there is no touch, communication, or new experiences together. My students love the ballroom classes, too. I'm really happy they're enjoying these classes and learning new things even at older ages. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
At home, Ninny and Papa are going through things to get ready to move. Their health is good and a few last follow up appointments are in order before they move. Ninny has lost a total of 55 pounds! I'm very proud of her for losing this much weight. I know it will help her get around more.
I did my first photoshoot a couple weeks ago with Natalie Bonner Photography. It was definitely a learning experience. I love a lot of the pictures and can't wait to get them back. I'm excited to see where modeling can take me. If nothing else, it's a good reminder to stay in shape and eat right. I'm hoping modeling will teach me more about being in front of the camera and how to use these lessons when I make ASL music videos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment